Friday, June 29, 2012

You can't ...

One of the reasons I love my friends, is their accurate assessment of the state of my heart. A very dear friend sent me the following message this morning,

"God is love and grace. He meets us where we are, and if we ALLOW Him to change us, then we will be changed. But you have to allow yourself humanity. God created the perfect you. The basic personality traits and character that you have is who HE created you to be. Follow Him? YES!!! Seek Him? ABSOLUTELY!!! But allow yourself to BE who God called you to be so that you can DO what He called you to do.

So, at 24, I have to figure out who I am. Not the person I've become because I've wanted to please everyone in my life. I'm me.

I'm loud when I'm happy, quiet when I'm mad, ill when I'm hungry, organized in a very chaotic way; and independent with the need for human contact. I'm strong for everyone around me, and rarely allow myself to cry in front of anyone. I have an insane love for UGA football & baseball, I love animals, and NASCAR & making things out of "junk"- I crave Mexican food & action movies (Jason Stathom is my favorite)
Yup. That pretty much sums it up :)
And God will use me, just as i am, and I love that about Him.

No comments: